It has been my honor to serve as President of AFP Southern Colorado for the last two years. The incredible dedication and commitment of my Board colleagues have made this one of the most rewarding experiences of my professional career in fundraising. The energy, passion, and achievements of your AFP SOCO Board has been nothing short of remarkable – from expanding into members-only programs such as webinars and coffee chats, to elevating the Summit on Philanthropy to a truly world-class event for sponsors, speakers, and attendees alike, to formulating a robust and ambitious strategic plan to carry the chapter’s work into the future. Some of the highlights from 2019 include:
- hosted a world-class Summit on Philanthropy
- presented 3 local National Philanthropy Day awards: Outstanding Fundraising Professional Award, Young Fundraising Professional Award, and the Philanthropic Company Award
- bestowed the inaugural Brinah Vincent Excellence in Board Service award to two deserving AFP SOCO board members
- offered 2 coffee chats and 2 webinars for members
- led 2 AFP membership orientations
- produced 3 Lunch and Learn programs
- organized 6 professional social/networking events
- granted 2 scholarships
- 500 people attended our events
- over 100 members joined or renewed this year!
My most personally satisfying experiences have stemmed from this collegiality and camaraderie among you all, fellow fundraisers. As we prepare our leadership transition, I am thrilled to be passing the torch to a new generation of leadership. President-Elect Kelly Shelton will carry our work forward with the same excellence you have come to expect from AFP, bringing you the best in professional development, networking, and best practice sharing.
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to serve. See you at the Holiday Party!
Jennifer Malenky, MBA, CFRE
PS That’s me and my son Max enjoying The Nutcracker! Celebrate your holiday season and new year!